Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Project Babylon

Officially, my next GUNPLA project would be called "Project Babylon".
It shall be my first attempt to combine scratch-building, GUNPLA assembly, hand-brushing, and maybe sculpting and kitbash. Maybe this one is a less ambitious project than my Sinanju Project (which is still unfinished), but surely this one wouldn't be less difficult.

The theme is my favorite character from Fate / Stay Night, Gilgamesh ^^ - hence the Project is called "Babylon". For those who doesn't know about Gilgamesh, here's the pic and link to some details:

"I SHALL PWNZ YOU ALL, LOWLIFE!"


Little details about concept that is going on inside my head:
Painting - simple. just paint it all gold, since Gilgamesh uses a golden armor... but, Which gold? I still can't decide between ACE Hardware's frame color Gold, Tamiya Leaf Gold, Testors Metallic Enamel Gold, or my old buddy Mr.Color Gold.
Decals - need to make custom decals. Gilgamesh's cuneiform markings on his armor and sword should be done during holiday
Weaponry - this one needs scratch build and/or sculpting. Need to make a 12-15 cm long replica of Gilgamesh's sword Ea - the one and only Anti-World Noble Phantasm ^^
and also some kitbashing maybe, especially funnels. I want to simulate Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon with numerous funnels instead of polearm and swords ^^

and the most important thing... which MS should I pick as the basis for the project?! which MS resembles Gilgamesh's attitude and armor?
I still can't decide... MG Zeta Plus C1 or A1 is the major candidate, followed closely by MG RX-178 Gundam Mk II and MG Hyaku-shiki... any suggestions? I don't really like the designs from SEED and 00, so Universal Century shall be the era of my choice...

ahh... hell... I need to study again for Thursday's SPSS exams!

and here's some random Azu-nyan pic ^^

I'm also in a K-On! fever right now :D
Azu-nyan is my current favorite girl, followed closely by Mugi, Mio, Yui & Ui... and don't forget the nutty airhead Sawako-sensei ^^
K-On! is just hilarious... and the music really gets to me!

yup, need to get back to studying! see ya later, my blog!
* Sinanju, please don't be mad at me... T.T

No comments:

Post a Comment