Saturday, February 14, 2009

Second Entry

LOG 2
Feb 15, 2009

Alright. I have 3 major hobbies beside reading (reading is a must for any medical student): Airsoft guns (this is one reason why some of my friends doubt that I'm going to be a good doctor ^^), Photography (I'm not quite into photography like some of my cousins, it's just a hobby and a way to express myself), and Model Kits (currently I'm into Gundam series model kits - more of these will be posted on upcoming entries).

I don't have a good pic of my AEG, so I'll just put my two latest GUNPLA models:
** I can't put a picture on this blog, so I'll upload my pics into photobucket and put the links here ** I'll try to pull out some of my HTML knowledge, though. more to come soon! **

- 1/100 MG Wing Gundam ver. Ka (Repainted in reddish metal black, green for frames, and hull red) - I call this one as "Wing Devil"
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb114/cryptlord_cc/My%20Wing%20Zeries/_0060051k.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb114/cryptlord_cc/My%20Wing%20Zeries/_0060080k.jpg

- 1/100 MG Wing Zero Custom (Repainted in silver, metallic light blue, and metallic pink) -
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb114/cryptlord_cc/My%20Wing%20Zeries/_0060065k.jpg[/IMG
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb114/cryptlord_cc/My%20Wing%20Zeries/_0060078k.jpg


My next GUNPLA Project is 1/100 MG MSN-06S Sinanju. She's big and cost almost 50% of my savings due to the weakening of Rupiah in world currency. I'm planning to repaint it in dark colors, customize some of her weapons, and putting a nice sum of little details - all things you'll do to make a masterpiece. ^^


Oh, forgot about something important. Yesterday, when I went to a local hobby store, I met a family from other city in Indonesia. They consists of a father, a mother, and a 6-year old boy who was looking around GUNPLA boxes. He wanted the parents to buy him a Master Grade. In shock, I told the father that MGs are quite difficult even for me, a GUNPLA hobbyist since grade school. The father said, "Oh, he's used to it. He had more than 100 gundam models back home. He can even take on a Perfect grade."

In further shock, I shout inside, " WTF?! How lucky this kid is! He should be thankful of that! He has a really wealthy parents who would buy him any toy he wants - even though it's a bit over for his age.."

In contrast, I need 7 months of saving my allowance to allocate resources to buy the 7000 yen Sinanju. This 6 year old kid, he bought 13.000 yen worth of GUNPLA in one day and without thinking, and his parents doesn't even budge. "As long as he's happy," the mum said.
In further contrast, right outside the hobby store there are 4 7-year old kids singing for money to buy some food.

What a country. In his oh-so-obvious political advertisement our president said, "The number of poor people in Indonesia decreases due to 's good job of battling corruption and fighting for Indonesian people's sake." What a load of bollocks. If he consider himself as a "poor" then what he said is right: He gained a castle-like complex in his former residence, and gained a lot of fat. Just take a look at our dear president's photo from '06 and '08. Spot the difference. Should be some 20 lbs worth of fat.

OK, back to topic. Though at first I admired the kid and his family, soon as I regained myself after the astonishment, I notice some things that made me thankful that I was born in a middle-level society:
1) the kid is ANNOYINGLY SPOILED. He asked his mom, what does she think about 1/100 Gundam Virtue (costs 4000 yen). The mom answered that it's okay if he wants it, but it seems that he already had one, so isn't it a kind of waste if he bought another? Then he started crying loud and shout at his mum, "YOU ALWAYS MAKE COMMENTS WHEN I BUY GUNDAM!"
Hey, weren't YOU the one who asked opinions first?
2) Because he already had TOO MANY GUNPLA collections back at home, he can't appreciate how great it is when your parents told you that you can buy anything you want. He cried out loud on the ground because he already have most of GUNPLA sold here. Poor kid. I pity you.
3) After looking around the corner, he managed to pull out another box: 1/60 Gundam Exia (costs 4500 yen). Now this kid's looked like some serious, adult modeler, by checking up the parts and blabbing out some technical data. I'm impressed. He wants that too. The dad says alright, and bring the 2 big boxes to the counter. Then, I just can't help but trying to "test" this kiddo. I told him that Unicorn Gundam looks cool, and start to talk about it. Surprisingly, he knew about [my beloved ^^] Sinanju! But he said that Sinanju's design is bad and it's not cool (yeah, like you know anything about something cool). After I asked if he likes Unicorn, whether he has it or not, and give a little "push" - he grabbed the Unicorn box (costs 5000 yen) and bring it to the counter. The dad, still smiling, he lift the boy and praised him for his "expertise" in Gundam. Yeah right. Didn't he notice such a terrible thing? Do you?
THE KID LISTENED OBEDIENTLY TO A SUGGESTION FROM A COMPLETE STRANGER!
again, I can only pat my chest and said, "Poor kid."

okay, after action report.
- I made quite a selling at that hobby store (if I didn't give the kid the suggestion about Unicorn, they would've gotten away with only 8500 yen. thanks to me, the hobby store made a whopping 13500 yen in one day ^^)
- The kid may seem lucky to have such a rich family. But I pity him because he's so weak. Maybe not physically, but he couldn't even resist a suggestion from a stranger like me. What will he say in the future when he had grown up a little and his friends invite him to a drugs party? Not to mention his annoyingly spoiledness and inconsistency, thanks to his parents who taught him everything, but forgot to teach him how to say a simple "no". Or to made him realize that he's the one who did wrong. Based on the father's story (I talked a lot with him while the kid's crying and picking his next GUNPLA prey - lousy dad, eh?), he's rather confused by his son's attitude. Why does his beloved son loves to shout out and use inappropriate words to his parents when he's upset because of small trifling matters like picking which GUNPLA - though they have never teach him to shout at others?
It's because YOU never had the guts to tell your son that it's wrong. Come to think of it, the dad has more fat than our fatty-edematous president. LOL

Phew. that's a long story wasn't it?
I'm glad that I'm born in a family who hold pride, honor, justice, and responsibility as our main belief. We may not be rich. We don't have a big house, classy cars, or large sum of money. But we have things that others don't. "Money is not everything, Wealth is always deceiving. What matters is what's inside our hearts," my parents always said. Now that I've seen another proof how destructive wealth is - especially to the mental development of a child - I'm proud to be what I am.

To those who aren't wealthy or surrounded by misfortunes, keep your head high. Appreciate what you have now, rather than grumbling because the others 'seem' better than you are. They're not. You have the experience to make you strong to face anything the world can throw at you. I envy you guys. I'm not that strong.


End of LOG 2

No comments:

Post a Comment