Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fourth Entry

LOG 4
Feb 19, 2009

Getting tired easily from daily activities. More assignments and meetings ahead. I just can't help but thinking, how am I suppose to spare my time for my own health? I had time to jog, do some weight training, or even run 5k when I was in high school. Now... I barely had time to have some stretching. Last august, I could climb to 8th level using stairs without much effort. Now I got exhausted on 5th level. Seems my cardiac capabilities are horribly worsening. To make it worse, my weight has been increasing steadily since last october. Combine less physical activity with increasing frequency of snacking, this is what you get. Though my waist size hasn't changed much (currently I'm 76kg, trousers size still less than 35 - when I was on 11th grade, I weighed 80kg and wore size 38 trousers!) but this pile of fat on my belly is pretty threatening.

Time to get back into shape. I want to restore myself to its former physical glory ^^. Well I used to run 5 km in 35-40 minutes back when I was 12th grader (treadmills 2-3 times a week)... Starting tomorrow, I'll strictly follow my diet plans. Cardio sports should come as soon as I can spare more time on the next block. For next couple of weeks, I'll increase my morning exercises.

I lost 8 kg in 6 months back then on high school, and I think I can manage to lose 4-5 kg in the next 6 months. College is way busier than high school, so I don't put so much of a target. I need to be realistic!

Hopefully, this project shall refresh my mind from all distractive noises of medical school clutter... Good luck to me!


End of LOG4

No comments:

Post a Comment