Saturday, February 6, 2010

posting again...

Durandal reporting in, back from the dead ^^

Been a long, long time since the last post. All due to a viral infection that requires my HDD to be formatted - and after the tiring process of backing up data and reinstalling Windows XP, I was granted a selective memory lost. Yes, it occurs in whatever lobe of my brain that stores the memory of my username & password. You know what happens afterward ^^

So, it's been a long time, and a lot of things happened too. I guess I wouldn't tell every single thing (I couldn't remember some important events too, maybe another temporary memory lost surged?), so I'll try to write the events that brought the most impact.

Start from my GUNPLA build. I've started Project Babylon (starring: MG RX-78 NT-1 Alex) since December, but up till now I only managed to finish snap-fitting its left lower arm. Expect a WIVFSP (Work In Very F**KIN Slow Progress) on this one.

You see, a lot of things happened on late December: a sudden vacation plan, followed with an unexpected death of one of my closest relative, sudden cancellation of the formerly planned vacation plan, followed closely by arrangement of funeral rites and monitoring the health of my "left-behind" relatives, finished by a holiday finale of being a photographer on my cousin's wedding. Practically I had NO free time during holidays.
Well, I learned quite a lot about management of psychological burden and hypertension, as well as a little glimpse of myocardial infarct and heart attack. Need to follow it through, since the Cardiovascular Block is on the final part of this semester.

Next, is the campus life. After the not-so-refreshing holiday, the Block of Neoplasma starts at full speed. All materials about cancer is far away from the word "easy" but the lecturers keep stuffing us with chunks of hard, raw knowledge with their own pace like no tomorrow. Do you guys really think that we're that brilliant of a student? Now I'm really against the idea of compacting Medical Education from a total of 6-7 years into a whopping 5 years. Last semester, we had the 5-weeks Block of Infectious Disease which is a RAR-packed form of lectures and practices that worth 2 full semesters in the old curriculum. 1 year zipped into 1 month? after 3 months, I bet most of us retained only 10% of the knowledge, at most.

Finally, about my life. My diary. Haha...
Still haven't changed much, I guess.
I still love guns. Though I can't allocate the time to play airsoft for now.
Still love GUNPLA, for sure. Though I think I'll stop building after finishing all my pending projects (Alex, Zeta C1, and Ball).
Still very much love to read. From lecture notes to visual novel, medical textbooks and journals to interesting articles on the web.
And still having trouble to socialize with other people ^^

Well, maybe what's rather different is in terms of responsibility. Now I'm the second-in-command of my "other family" - AtmaSEARCH.
Well actually I'm glad I lost the election, since I know I'm not a good example of a leader. Besides, the new president has some astounding qualities: good social, communication and networking skills, stubborn (both in good and bad ways), and intelligence - a nearly perfect GPA to boast (*.*).
So I guess, now I'm trying to be a little bit more disciplined and careful instead of being more aloof and careless. And I should seriously pay more attention in improving my communications and socializing skills.

It's all nice and dandy with the new responsibility, new Block (the PBL sessions suck really bad, though), and new spirit, but then recently something just went wrong along the way.

I think I had a crush with a certain girl.
Feelings never come at the best times, don't they? or rather, feelings always come at the wrong times. Things are going to get messy. Should I restrain myself and keep the mess minimal, or just let loose and wreak some havoc on the process? Whatever the options, my scores and achievements are at stake.

I wish this would end like Kaho's path, though. The composition fits pretty well - the characters and personalities, club activity, best friend / rival twists... but I guess there are no happy endings in real life. I think I've read too many VNs ^^

Relationships and me just doesn't mix too well... I should have realized that from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment